Crystal's World

Welcome to my world! This is where you can see my crafty projects and probably learn a little about me and my projects!

Monday, April 17, 2006

I've been looming I swear!!! Socks!

Ok... so here we have a real sock. This is the first of this pair to be made. I made tube-like slipper socks with this loom first... but my son has those and I am NOT going into his room to try to find and photograph them!
This sock is made with Isela's Ribbed Sock pattern on the Decor Accents Adult fine gauge sock loom. I'm using the recommended Caron's Simply soft yarn to make them.
I've gotten the ribbed top done on the second sock now... but the pics are from the other day... and my camera's batteries were 'borrowed' so, until I get new batteries, I won't be able to take

another pic. I can see myself wearing these socks... but I want to get the new extra fine sock looms too! I've got some sock yarns that need to be made into something! I may modify the pattern a little and use the flat stitch on the bottom of the sock... not because they need to be tighter, just because I think it might be softer on the soles of my feet!







So... the next pic we have here is my sock loom with it's metal tack... kinda tacky, huh? he he he! Anyway... while rushing the little one to the potty at ACMoore's the other day... I spotted these lovely wooden push pins. I thought that they would make a nice accent to my little wood loom so, I bought them! The metal pin part was sooo long and didn't want to go into the loom so easily. So, when I tried to remove it, the wood part of
the push pin came off and the metal stayed in
the loom. I got out my handy dandy, heavy duty wire cutters and cut the metal part down... then put the wood part back in and added some glue... wa la... pretty loom!

At the bottom, you see the first sock with it's companion - in process! Let's hope I don't run out of yarn.













Looming projects in process...
I've got the black bag felted, and I made a bag out of 'regular acrylic yarns' (I swear, no felting there!). I'm working on a pattern for that one... but I have to get the batteries in the camera to take pics of those little ones!
Have a Happy Day!

4 Comments:

  • At 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Crystal I love your sock. :) You did a great job. You will be so happy when you get your EFG loom and can knit will real sock yarn.

     
  • At 8:47 AM, Blogger LoomKnittingDesigns said…

    Beautiful! Great job!
    - lisa

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Crystal,
    How comfortable do you feel with 2 needles? I see that seam at the top and it is something that I change for the pattern in the book. If you feel comfortable by holding 2 needles--just holding them, no need to knit with them. You can place the stitches from (the ones from the sole and the instep) on 2 needles then do the kitchner stitch and you will have a very, very nice seam--almost invisible.
    E-mail me if you need more info ;)

     
  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger Crystal said…

    Thanks Isela... I will definitely try the kitchener stitch!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home