Crystal's World

Welcome to my world! This is where you can see my crafty projects and probably learn a little about me and my projects!

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

More Felting Lessons for Me!

In the first picture, you can see the little blue bag made previously and it's standing as a comparision to the green bag. The green bag was made out of Lion Wool (not Wool-Ease). This is worsted weight yarn, and very soft to work with.. and nicely woven. I used 3 strands on the Yellow Knifty Knitter and made it with the flat bottom bag method. The same way as the blue one was made. This is the size the blue one was before felting (there's your comparison). I made the handles with one strand on the Wonder Knitter (3 pegs). The button hole strap was made on the Embellish Knit - which made a much smaller/tighter knit. I held the ends together long ways and stitched most of the way up leaving some open as the button hole.



Now, The After-Felting comparison! The green bag measures 6 1/2" high with a base of 3 1/4" x6". This is a better size for me... and with green... it's just in time for 'Green Day' as my 3 y/o calls it!
These are both done using the same pattern... 18 pegs to start and flat panel bag method. The differences...

Green Bag: 3 strands of Lion Wool - took 2 skeins
Blue Bag: 2 strands of Patons Classic Wool- took 1 skein.


Note to self... be more scientific... use the same amount of strands to really see a true comparison! :-) (in my defense... I wanted a bigger bag!)

3 Comments:

  • At 11:39 PM, Blogger Crystal said…

    :-) No Problem!

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Please send me the flat bottom instructions! Im new at this and just finished my first scarf on the flat KK, and would LOVE to learn to felt! Many Thanks, Karen in Alaska

     
  • At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oops my email is karen.garcia@ak.net. Thanks!

    Karen in Alaska

     

Post a Comment

<< Home