Crystal's World

Welcome to my world! This is where you can see my crafty projects and probably learn a little about me and my projects!

Friday, March 17, 2006

It Works!!!

Here's the scoop! As you can see from my pic... The loom is working! I'm using two strands of Lite-Lopi wool yarn. One strand wasn't enough- this yarn is kinda thin. Can you guess what I'm making?
I have to say that there is some tweeking needed with the loom... little more glue here and there, but for the most part, it's working well. The frame is sturdy. The nails used in the pegs could be a little longer... they aren't causing any problems now and I'm hoping it stays that way. For my first loom, I'm pretty happy with it.
OK, I'll tell you... I'm making a bag- maybe big enough to be a tote bag once it's felted!!

6 Comments:

  • At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    May I be the first to say ... NICE WORK! ;) Dux

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger Crystal said…

    Thanks Dux and JMS! :-)
    I used Aleene's Tacky Glue--- it's working ok, but I'm thinking that I might look around to see what other glue might be a bit better- it has to work on metal, plastic and wood!

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love your creative new loom. I have hunted up my "ForLoveOrMoney" place mat looms from the 70's and plan to try them. I have lots of frames and stretchers kicking around my studio and will think about converting something into a loom. Very clever idea. Also love the photos of the flat bottomed bag. Thanks so much for sharing that technique.
    Sunshine and Blessings,
    Marilyn

     
  • At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've heard Gorilla Glue works great on everything. You can get it at Walmart in their hardware section. ~Cheryl

     
  • At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So the Lite-Lopi needs two strands huh? Bummer. I got some to make a felting attempt, but if I need two, I don't think I'll have enough to make much! Back to the drawing board...

     
  • At 4:07 PM, Blogger Crystal said…

    Harley, I used nails that were surrounded with a straight plastic wall anchor. I found them in my local hardware store. But, they didn't work out so well.
    I have made a few other looms since that one... I used 1-1/4" cotter pins. Best to get those by the box from a hardware store also. They cost a lot more at Lowe's or Home Depot as they sell them in little bags.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home