Crystal's World

Welcome to my world! This is where you can see my crafty projects and probably learn a little about me and my projects!

Friday, March 31, 2006

The Felting Study Continues!

Here we have another study in felting. This is almost purely for comparison with the other wools I've tried. Here we have the pre-felted black bag done with two strands of Lamb's Pride Bulky on the Yellow Loom. It's sittting with the bags I previously made. This was done with the same pattern as the other bags with the flat bottom method - starting with 18 pegs, knitting til it reaches the other side, then knitting in the round. I did the handles and buttonhole cords on the loom with just 1 strand . I used just 2 pegs and knitted in a figure 8 pattern. For the buttonhole strap, I folded the piece in half and stitched along the edge leaving an open loop in the end for a button. I can't wait to see how it compares to the other bags in size once it's felted!
Remember to click on the image for a larger view - it's hard to see it in black and small!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:45 AM, Blogger Cynthia Knits said…

    Your bags look great! I am looking for a pattern to felt a bag using the round knifty knitter looms. Would you share your pattern with me? My email address is cynthiaknits@hotmail.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home