Crystal's World

Welcome to my world! This is where you can see my crafty projects and probably learn a little about me and my projects!

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

All Dressed Up and Ready to go!

When I told these little ones that they were going on a trip to far off lands, they started jumping into the box! I told them to come back out so I could take a going away picture… Can you see them waving?

These precious fibers are off on their yarn swap journey… they’re hoping to find someone who appreciates them for who and what they are.

Whether functional, funky, fun or fanciful, they all hope to be transformed and loved!

So, off they were sent to the first person on our Yarn Swap List--- No peeking Darlene!

I could hear them giggling as the mail lady put them on the conveyer belt down the shoot at the post office! You would have thought they were on a sliding board!

Farewell sweet ones--- have fun in your new home and don’t forget to tell your new fiber friends how much fun traveling is! Send some of them my way, I’ll give them good homes, as you know!

If you are wondering what this is all about… The Knifty Knitter Looms Yahoo group is having a yarn swap… I’m the box coordinator for Box #4--- and this is the starter box! Let’s see if any of these darlings come back after going through 9 people!

3 Comments:

  • At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So I wanted to let you know... I took the two skeins of green/blue/black yarn... AND LOVE THEM! I traded them for some baby yarn which would be good for a mommy, since I am not.. I am working on making myself a scarf with my new yarn... although I am in Texas and the weather is like 87 degrees... ONE day I will wear it. I love the swap.. lets keep it going! ~Cheyne

     
  • At 9:48 PM, Blogger Crystal said…

    I love that yarn Cheyne... I bought over 20 skeins! I made a sweater out of it on needles... put 2 in the box... and I still have about 6 skeins I might make some slipper socks out of it! That yarn is what got me into the yarn arts in the first place- I fell in love with it, then I had to learn to knit! And look at how it has snowballed! Have fun with the yarn!

     
  • At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't think any of that same yarn is in the box now, with 2 more people to go before it gets back home to Crystal! If that was a blue Sugar 'n Cream yarn in the bottom corner I nabbed it which would probably have made it the last original yarn but I am not sure...but we shall see! Smiles, Carlotta

     

Post a Comment

<< Home