Crystal's World

Welcome to my world! This is where you can see my crafty projects and probably learn a little about me and my projects!

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Lacy Shrug!

My latest Design! The Lacy Shrug!
If you look back in a couple of posts, you'll see when I started this. I had to modify the pattern a bit and now, it's just perfect for Lisa! She looks happy, huh?

I made this on The Red KK loom with King Tut Egyptian Cotton Yarn with the mock crochet stitch. Around the edges, I crocheted it with a cute lacy (even ruffle-y) stitch for that feminine look!

I created a pattern for this and will be teaching it locally... probably in the Doylestown, PA area. If you are interested in taking the class, please feel free to let me know. The time and date of the class hasn't been finalized yet... but I'll put it here on my blog once it's all worked out!

The cool thing about this pattern is that it seems to fit lots of people... the stitch allows for a lot of give in the fabric and only slight modifications would be needed to make the sleeves longer or shorter. It doesn't actually go around the shoulder, but lies against the shoulder. Gives you coverage, but doesn't limit your movements... exactly why my belly dancer friends like it! But, I think it would be great on anyone!
Oh, and Lisa is wearing a Crystal Kini Designs Skirt too--- I made the pointed one she's wearing! :-)

Here's a picture of the back on Lisa.




Here we have the same shrug on Frankie--- the back of her top was a little higher, and I thought the stitches are a little easier to see!

**Remember, you can always click on the pictures to see them bigger!**

4 Comments:

  • At 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The shrug is beautiful!! Do you think you will be selling the pattern for it? I do not live in PA so I would not be able to take the class. Thanks.

    Julie

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger Crystal said…

    Hi Julie,
    The pattern is in testing stages now... I should be for sale soon!
    Thanks for asking!
    ~Crystal

     
  • At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the update!!

    Julie

     
  • At 12:36 AM, Blogger Martha said…

    the shrug is beautiful and the pattern is so easy to follow.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home